Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Let's Talk About Being Selfish

By Joy Berry
Illustrated by John Costanza

I found this book at a thrift store and recognized it.  We had one about Family Meetings that was terrible... but I'd heard good things about the other books in the series.  We're also talking a lot about sharing at home.
The art isn't great, but I think it's fairly engaging for kids because the expressions on the characters faces are over the top.

The text is very positive and simply stated.  It really is perfect for young kids.  It explains what it means to be selfish and explains how to avoid being selfish in a number of relatable situations.


These books are still in print with updated art, which isn't much better but at least there's more representation of different ethnicities.  Basically every topic is covered, too, and they're available in French and Spanish as well as English.  I haven't started reading this book yet because my daughter is getting better at sharing all on her own, but I imagine we'll have to break it out one day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment