Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Oops & Ohlala

 Illustrated by Amelie Graux

These books are pretty fantastic.  They're not comprehensive, and there's no direct translation of any of the text, so it's just basic exposure to both English and French in the same book.  I like to talk about the French sentences with my daughter, who at this point, knows a fair number of nouns and verbs, and can generally understand maybe one page out of ten.
 The outings that they go on are all trips that I do with my kids.  They even cover Christmas and Easter.  You can listen to audio recordings of the books for free on Youtube.  They have European accents (the dog is British).
Oops is the English speaking dog and Ohlala is the French speaking Koala.  I think they're supposed to be brother and sister... and they have a koala father...

But, you know, the kids won't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment